by Chris Redding
Under the best of circumstance, she wasn't patient. "Too bad there's no TV. We could lose ourselves in something mindless."
His smile became predatory. "We could do that."
He strolled to her until she raised her hand. "You stay over there."
He stepped closer, his smile not dimmed. "Afraid you can't resist my charms?"
"Stay over there."
She didn't want to put herself to the test. She wasn't sure how good her resistance would be. Especially since she was out of her element or at least out of the life she'd chosen and back into the life she'd left behind.
Trey chuckled, a sound that rumbled from the depths of his toned body. "Chicken."
"No, I'm not."
"Has Jesse asked you to marry him?"
She chuckled. He had a thousand times.
"I don't see a ring," he went on.
She ignored him and his line of questioning. "None of that is your business."
Trey sat on the coffee table right in front of her. Close enough for her to breathe in his scent.
"And how long do you think a guy like Jesse will wait around for you?"
"I'm doing this assignment and then I'm done."
"You don't think that once you get another taste of this life that you won't want to come back? Think of the adventure. The intrigue. The doing something for the greater good."
"You forgot people shooting at us. The great hours and being stuck in the middle of nowhere with you."
"I'm not so bad. At least you once thought I was okay. We used to spend a lot of time together."
"Used to. Past Trey and all of that will stay there."
- Purchase link Amazon
- Author bio
Chris Redding lives in New Jersey with her husband, two kids, one dog and one show rabbit. She graduated from Penn State with a degree in Journalism and is still a diehard Nittany Lions fan. Her books are filled with romance, suspense and thrills.
- author links
1. Nickname: I’ve been called CPR lady because I helped run a training center for 7 years.
2. Job: ghostwriter, but I also teach CPR.
3. Level of schooling, or self-taught: BA in Journalism with a minor in English from The Pennsylvania State University
4. Birthplace Pennsylvania5. Favorite type of pet One without hair, but DH doesn’t like reptiles so we have a dog.
6. Favorite place to visitThe beach
7. Favorite food Pizza, I could eat it almost every day.
8. What would you do if you won the lottery? Fund scholarships.